Electrical (Design) Engineer – Melbourne
Looking for a Seachange?
There’s never been a more exciting time to join the Maritime Defence industry.
If you are a suitably qualified Electrical Engineer looking for a change of direction, then we can offer opportunities for job security and progression in an industry of secured future investment.
Rubicon Associates is a National, Australian owned and independent specialist advisory and consulting provider with expertise in naval design and integration. Increased Contract activity within the Defence Maritime sector continues to drive the need for an Electrical Engineer to be based in Melbourne. Due to the nature of the role, you must be an Australian Citizen and eligible to apply for an NV1 Security Clearance.
The Electrical Engineer’s focus is to deliver electrical Design activities related to Ship Concept, Principle, and Detailed Design and to undertake analysis to support integration of marine electrical systems into platforms for medium to large scale Naval Defence projects.
To be successful you’ll have:
- Electrical Engineering Qualifications along with professional development sufficient to attain recognition as a Chartered Professional Engineer with Engineers Australia
- Proven electrical engineering design experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of relevant standards and regulations and their impact on detailed electrical Design
- The ability to communicate technical concepts with clarity
- Strong problem diagnosis and solving capability
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Defence or Commercial Maritime sector experience
- Project Management expertise
- Status as a Chartered Professional Engineer (CEng)
- A secure pipeline of multidisciplinary Defence Naval Projects
- Access to Mentoring from industry experts
- Opportunity to have an impact as a key part of a close-knit and supportive team
- Competitive salary
- Generous Study Leave and budget
Travel for ship inspections will become part of the role as the opportunity presents.
This is an ideal opportunity for an Electrical Engineer who is passionate about the defence naval sector and making a difference in a company that is fast growing.
For more information on available roles, email Human Resources Manager, Pille Lucas:
For a confidential discussion, phone Pille on 0414 397 548