Feasibility Study for Inergen Firefighting System
Navy Vessel Class: Huon Class Minehunter Coastals (MHC’s) were commissioned and built for the Royal Australian Navy (RAN) to find, detect, classify, and destroy moored and surface floor mines from vital waterways.
Rubicon Associates was contracted to prepare a Feasibility Study Report (FSR) for the RAN to consider whether to progress with the installation of a Water Mist or Inergen Inert Gas Engine Room Firefighting system on the MHC’s.
- Evaluate information obtained during MHC ship inspection to validate the existing configuration baseline.
- Prepare an FSR for the installation of an Inergen Firefighting System on the MHC’s, including:
- Detailed information regarding the firefighting capabilities and system requirements for the Inergen Firefighting system;
- An assessment of the level of compliance of the Inergen Firefighting System configuration with the applicable standards and advice on required system modifications;
- Detailed system impact summary;
- Conclusions and recommendations.
Rubicon Associates delivered a detailed, highly informative Feasibility Study Report to the RAN which allowed for a well-informed decision on whether to progress with the installation of Water Mist or Inergen Inert Gas Engine Room Firefighting Systems on Minehunter Coastals