Hydrographic Ship Bow Thruster Systems Replacement
Navy Vessel Class: The Royal Australian Navy’s (RAN’s) Hydrographic Service has responsibility for charting more than one eighth of the world’s surface, stretching as far west as Cocos Island in the Indian Ocean, east to the Solomon Islands, and from the Equator to the Antarctic.
Rubicon Associates was contracted to complete a Systems Requirements Package (SRP) for the RAN’s Leeuwin Class Hydrographic Ships Bow Thruster Variable Speed Drive and Control System replacement.
- Review available documentation and existing configuration baseline of the Bow Thruster system.
- Identify relevant RAN, International Maritime Organization and Classification Society Rules and Regulations, as well as other standards relating to the Bow Thruster system.
- Produce an SRP consisting of Systems Requirements Report and Safety Assessment Report for the replacement of the Bow Thruster Variable Speed Drive and Control System.
- Participate in System Requirements Review with stakeholders and respond to outcomes of the Design Review.
- Incorporate mutually agreed comments and submission of final SRP.
Utilising subject matter experts in mechanical and electrical systems integration, Rubicon Associates was able to produce a complete SRP to the client. The successful completion of this task is expected to lead into the detailed design and installation of a suitable replacement for the RAN’s Leeuwin Class Hydrographic Ships Bow Thruster Variable Speed Drive and Control System.